Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fools rush in where fools have been before.

I have decided to start out with travels I have gone in my past. So here a few pictures from 2008-2011. It is a little long, just a warning. .  Once I catch up with all my school work I will put some more time into my last travel to Whistler, BC Canada.


Valencia, California
Summer after high school graduation, I went and visited a long-time friend in Valencia, California. This was my first time going to California. We went to Venice beach that has beautiful sand. It was a work out just to get to the water to dip your toes into the ocean. The first three photos are from the festival Drum CircleVenice beach is a beautiful place and has a wonderful atmosphere that is so welcoming. We didn’t stay all night for the Drum Circle’s festivities but I wouldn’t mind going back and attending again.








The first ocean and this last photo are my favorite. . 


Next stop Stuttgart, Germany & Paris, France
From being 75% German, 75% of my travels have been to Germany. It is a place I admire and I will always want to return to. So simple and delicate and everyone is overly friendly. The first couple pictures are from Downtown Stuttgart. 

In the back is the TV Tower which is similar to Seattle's space needle


These next ones are from a visit to the Neushwanstien castle in the Bavarian Alps near Munich, Germany. You may be familiar of it; it is the castle from Walt Disney's "Sleeping Beauty". It was built for King Ludwig II in 1869 and was left unfinished in 1886 due to his death. The hill was a killer to walk up but worth it in the end. Unfortunately they would not let you take any pictures on the inside so here are a few from the outside
The bottom of the hill to the Castle

My Dad & youngest niece Grace, taking a break.

Made it!




The entrance

Bavarian Alps
The last ones are of a place unknown where my cousins took us. It was similar to a museum outside with rides for children along with multiple ... I want to call them mini castles.


My oldest niece Bella, running away from water being squirted at her. 

Celebrating my Opa's 100th Birthday.
 From left to right my Tante Angela, Grace & my dad standing in front of my Opa's house that he built with his family. 

This is my favorite. My nieces Grace & Bella asleep on the plane ride home on their mother Genevieve. 

Il n'ya qu'un seul bonheur dans cette vie, pour aimer et ĂȘtre aimĂ©

Paris, France




















Paris was breathtaking. I was led around by two, crazy, elderly people who gave me an odd experience but I’ll save that story for another time. 

I don't have much else to say on Paris other than that I will go back.

Cancun, Mexico
A spontaneous Spring Break trip with two friends led a week of.. well, it is Mexico. 










I have never been in water so clear, an environment where it is covered in young adults from all over the world, and beaches on beaches on beaches . . . in my life. Cancun was probably one of the best vacations that I had due to it being a in-the-moment decision. My next trip to Mexico will be Cabo San Lucas this upcoming spring and I am sure it is going to be a trip to remember, just like Cancun.

San Diego, California
Stayed at a good friend's sorority at SDSU for Halloween 2010 and I do not know if I will ever top a Halloween because that weekend was alluring. If I had all the money in the world, I would definitely move to Pacific Beach and live there for a good year or two. 









This is a picture from our Hotel in LA when we had a flight mishap on our Cancun trip

 Another view from a hotel in Downtown Vancouver B.C, Canada, had a girls get away
 View of Stevens Pass from the Mountain
 View from  Schweitzer Mountain in Idaho






There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
Gilbert K. Chesterton


No comments:

Post a Comment