Sunday, June 24, 2012

On an island in the sun

Can't believe how fast time has flown by. I knew this was going to happen. This week was so busy and so stressful. Tuesday we had our oral final for Italian, Wednesday had our final written for Italian, Thursday had our final presentation for a restaurant journal where within our groups and Friday was our wine final. Everyone was extremely stressed out on Wednesday and Thursday trying to figure how to study for our wine final because we didn't have a clear study guide. All we knew is that we had to memorize the important regions of Italy and France and their grape varietals, terrior, location climate etc. It was hard to study for but once we got the exam it was so simple. It was frustrating that we were all stressing out and not enjoying our last nights as a group.

After class on Friday, Danielle and I caught a bus to Pisa airport from Florence due to the trains being on strike, we flew Ryanair from Pisa to Cagliari, Sardegna, Italy. We got in around 8pm and got a taxi to our guesthouse and got settled in. We went and walked around and the town (Poetta) where there really isn't much to do nor any good/decent restaurants. The next day (Saturday), our guesthouse supplied a number for this guy who drives around tourists to different beaches so Danielle and I decided to try it out. Alessandro took us to Villasimius which is the whitest, clearest and bluest blue beach on the South side. We rode in a minivan that his company supplies along with a parasols (umbrella), ice packs and waters. The ride there is about an hour and half and it goes through windy hills surrounded by green bushes that remind me so much of Eastern WA but instead of out in the middle of no-where desert, it’s scenery is an incredible view of the coast from up high and it was beauuittiifulllll!! Here are some pictures that I took:












Today, Alessandro took us to Costa Rei, a beach about 20 minutes away from Villasimius. I don't know which one I liked better. The water felt like a pool and was once again crystal clear and blue. I am quite smitten by this island, I don't know if I ever want to return back to the states. I don't think California could even be this beach worthy. Today I got some sun damage though, my whole front side hurts. We stayed on the beach for at least six hours and I was so happy to relax, read a book that I actually enjoyed and wanted to read for once; I don’t remember the last time that happened. Tonight, are going to go out to the local bars and watch Italy vs. England. Finally no school Monday morning and I can have no worries-pnly for our main man Alessandro to pick us up and take us to our next beach. It's been a good vacation to end our semi-vacation! Here are some pictures of Costa Rei:









No comments:

Post a Comment